That’s right Jailbreakers, If you been slumming it in iOS 7.0.4 waiting for the untethered jailbreak to surface for iOS 7.1.1, wait no longer… or do. The new jailbreak utility known as Pangu has arrived. Currently this utility is only Windows but fear not apple fanboys a Mac version of the utility is in development.
Those noot familiar with what jailbreaking should read up on it here. If you’re familiar with jailbreaking but don’t know what apps and tweaks to install check out Bryce & Anthony’s list of favorite jailbreak installs. This is an untethered jailbreak (again read the above mentioned article) so if you’re going to jailbreak this is the good kind of jailbreak.
There are plenty of tech sites that are covering this story in greater detail, here are some highlights and links to their sources. Some details may contradict.
- Early adopters be warned, there are always kinks to be worked out when a jailbreak is first released
- Malicious code is a possibility so it’s better to wait until dust settles
- Installs both Cydia and a Chinese store with illegal apps, but thankfully does not contain any malware.
- Installation instructions can be found here
- Installation process is not as simple as before
- recommend holding off for a while until it’s confirmed to work without bugs
UPDATE JUNE 24TH
A easy to follow tutorial video has been posted on Youtube. Watch it here.
UPDATE JUNE 29TH
The jailbreak utility Pangu has officially been released for Mac OS X and it’s in English. You can download it at the teams English version of the site. Do you want to jailbreak but don’t know how?? You can do so using this guide. Good luck!
Jailbreaking is not in and of itself illegal. It’s what you do with it that can be against the law or bad for your device. Use wisdom and have fun! I’m going to hold of until I hear a little more. What are you going to do? Comment below!