"The little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Maybe it is just because I love kids so much, but this idea of faith like a child is huge to me. Kids have a lot of wisdom in their faith, loving God without question and knowing he is there no matter what. I recently got these amazing books called Children's Letters to God they have brought me so much joy recently I hope some of the reflections of these children make you laugh, and bring joy to you, but also show you what it is like to have faith like a child.
– Everybody should spend more time with God. Dont just talk to him on business (Zachery age 8)
– God can make me laugh. I can make him laugh to, but He has a lot on his mind sometimes and it doesn't work. (Shelby age 7)
– God's love feels like hot cocoa when you come inside from getting pushed in the snow. (Samantha age 9)
– God is in love with your heart. He made people with hearts and people are harder to make than trees. (Sara age 6) – God does not judge us by the way we look. God judges us by our heart and soul. I'm so happy God doesn't judge us by our looks cause I'd be a goner (Aimee age 12)
– I'll tell you what God's love feels like. It feels like God is hugging you with his fur coat on. (Annie age 5)
– It's like God is the garbage man (no offence) and our sins are the garbage. He'll take our sins and toss them in the garbage dump. (Lindsay age 9)
– God gets sad if you tell a lie, if you hurt somebody, or if you sneeze on someone on purpose. (Shelby age 7)
Maybe it is just me. But within these super cute quotes from kids all over the place there is a lot of hidden wisdom. (1) We should spend every moment of every day with God. We shouldn't just go to him when we have concerns, everyday, every second should be lived with and for him. (2) We have a huge God, a God of joy and laughter and fun. It brings him joy seeing us laugh. (3) Even when other people are mean to you God is always there with His arms out calling you to come to him to feel peace in a hard situation. (4) God does not look at the outward appearance, we need to do the same. We need to love all unconditionally despite stereotypes put on by the world. Follow Christ, love your neighbor as yourself. (5) In times of intimacy with God I literally feel held by God it is the warmest, most beautiful feeling I have ever experienced. (6) Through Christ's death on the cross are sins were taken care of. (7) It hurts the heart of God when you hurt someone else. That is big, we can sway the heart of our creator. Treat others with love guys, please.
All this stuff reminds me of the goodness of God and shows me why Christ said what he said in Matthew 19. I am not saying asking questions about faith issues is a bad thing. But when questions take the place of your faith that can be a major stumbling block for yourself and others. The best way I can say it is, God is God, he is eternal, all powerful, all knowing, there is nothing he cannot do. So when faced with a difficult situation remember Philippians 4:13' I can do everything through him who gives me strength.' God can do it! just have childlike faith and trust.